Set in the West Lancashire countryside close to the Leeds-Liverpool canal, Tawd Vale boasts a range of campsites and buildings across 80 acres of woodland. At Tawd Vale we offer opportunities for overnight camps and activities to Scouts, Guides, other youth organisations, schools, colleges and other educational establishments.
Please note that Tawd Vale Adventure Centre is not a public campsite.
Arrival, Car Parking and Departure
- Please only arrive at your agreed time of arrival to ensure we are prepared for you.
- Please report to Reception to advise a member of the team that you have arrived.
- Our friendly team will greet you on arrival, provide you with all the information you need to make sure your stay is enjoyable and direct you to your pitch or building.
When bringing vehicles to the Centre:
- There are four main car parks available for both those staying overnight and day visitors.
- Vehicles must not be parked or driven on camp sites – they can be parked by your pitch to unload but please move your vehicles to a car park after unloading.
- It is recommended that a vehicle is left in the main car park overnight in case of emergencies.
- During large events our staff will operate a managed traffic system to ensure flow through the Centre. We ask that in these instances you please bear with us to ensure we can get everyone in and out of the Centre, and please park as directed.
- All cars are parked at owners’ risk.
Upon preparing to depart:
- Payment is required on your last full day at the centre and before departure.
- We kindly request that groups leave their pitches and buildings in the same condition as when they arrived if not, better.
- On departure, please check-out with a member of the team.
During Your Visit to Tawd Vale
- A well-stocked shop including drinks, sweets, chocolate, crisps, souvenirs and ice cream is situated at camp centre.
Toilets and Showers
- There are three toilet blocks onsite, one on each side of the centre and one by the river.
- The shower block is located behind the main toilet block by the Delph.
- We have a number of bins at the centre. These are located at Camp Centre and there is a bin at each of the three toilet blocks. With the exception of glass, please put all rubbish in these bins. There are separate glass bins at Camp Centre and Cub Field toilet block.
- Mixed waste and glass bins are normally collected each week. The company who manages our waste separates the mixed waste into recyclable and non-recyclable materials at the depot after collection.
- Please keep noise to a minimum between 11.00pm and 7.00am.
- Group behaviour is the responsibility of the group leaders.
Accidents and Emergencies
- All accidents must be reported to Reception and an online accident form completed.
- If the matter requires emergency vehicles then staff should be informed so they can make sure these vehicles will have clear access to the required location.
- If you have a need to contact the emergency services, please do so. After doing so, please inform the Centre team so that they can ensure any emergency vehicles can be sent to the appropriate part of the centre.
- Should there be a need for evacuation of campsites then a prolonged ringing of the bell by Reception will take place. On hearing this all campers should report to the Main Car Park and leaders in charge should complete a roll call and inform duty staff when all pitches and buildings are cleared.
- It is the responsibility of each group to have insurance for their belongings.